1. Since the formation of the present government in Uttar Pradesh, on 13 May, 2007 till date, an Unprecedented
environment of “peace and order and communal harmony, free from injustice, crime and fear” has been created by giving “top priority” to “law-order and crime control” for which several important decisions had to be taken with iron resolve at the different levels e.g:
2. Rigorous and effective action taken against more than 1 lakh known notorious criminals/Mafiosi.
3. 1.707 notorious criminals detained under the most stringent “National Security Act (NSA)”.
4. Strict action taken under the “Gangster Act” against about 40,000 professional offenders.
5. A total of 8.013 notorious delequents, carrying reward on their heads, were arrested, including those “carrying on the head a reward” upto Rs.5 lakh.
6. Another 374 notorious criminals carrying reward, between Rs.50,000 – Rs. 5,00,000 were “killed” by the police in self defense.
7. Also, thousands of anti-social elements/goondas and white-collar criminals were sent to their right place i.e. behind the bars in the “jail”.
8. For the first in the state, action was also taken against “ influencial people and those occupying high positions” found guilty of breaching the law, establishing the motto “all wequal before the law” under which several ministers, ex-ministers, MPs and legislators were proceeded against leagally with due strictness.
9. “Historic action” continues, without let or hinderance, against arrant criminals and Mafiosi to “confisticat their
ill-gotten wealth” in order to break the economic backbone. Property worth more than Rs. 443 crore forfeited so far.
10. Elimination of fierce dacoits – synonymous of terror, Rs. 5 lakh rewardee bandit chief Shivakumar alias Dadua, Ambika Patel i.e. Thokia, Mussafir Yadav, carrying a reward of Rs.2lakh from Bihar State and Santosh alias Kittu Gupta with a reward of Rs. 1.5 lakh besides, several other offenders carrying rewards between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 50,000 were killed by police in encounters inself-defence.
11. In the terrorist attack on CRPF group centre at Rampur by 4 terrorists of HUJI – Harqat UI Jehad Al Islami as well as an active member of Khalistan Zindabad Force (KZF) together with ISI agents were also apprehended.
12. Noor Baksh, a shooter belonging to the gang of international criminal, Dawood Ibrahim was shot daed while trying to escape from police custody.
13. To secure justice to prosecuted people under the previous government, 10,000 cases filed through a “special campaign” and action taken against 31,136 persons. “Legal” action also initiated against those trying to register “fake” reports.
14. The area of ‘jungle raj’, goonda tax, ‘mafia rule’ and ‘anarchy’ inherited in legacy, ends, entirely due to the “missionary and struggling” efforts of Hon’ble Chief Ninister Ms. Mayawati JI. People, coming out of the suffocating “jungle raj”, breathing in, today, the wiff of fresh air of the “rule of law by law”.
15. The result of such strict action was that an environment of “ communal harmony” continued to exist and no untoward incident occurred in the whole of the state, in light of the court decision on the very sensitive Ram Janmbhoomi/Babri Masjid “case”. The peaceful conditions prevailed in Uttar Pradesh, there was calm and quiet in other states of the country as well.
16. So also Common Wealth Games 2010, three-tier panchayat elections, Mahakumbh fair, Haridwar-2010, Allahabad Magh Mela-2011 passed off peacefully. Lok Sabha-2009 general elections were also conducted without violence, with peace and impartiality.
17. In order to ensure “justice” to the general public and create “trust” towards the law and order system in them,
strict instructions issued to record the First Information Report (FIR) in the thanas from victimized persons without the slightest difficulties.
18. Instructions to all district, division and tehsil level authorities to be available to the people, as a must in their
offices from 10 to 12 in thye morning.
19. Observance of “thana divwas” on every 1st and 3rd Saturdsy of the month with the object of taking effective
action against victimization of poor people of the sarv-samaj.
20. As a result of these special efforts made by the government, remarkable “decline“ in the rate of all kinds of crime against “SC/ST” in the state. Eqally notable has been the percentage of disposal of crime enquiries which stands at 92.
21. Appointment of a special public prosecutor” for prosecution of cases under the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities
22. “Considerable reduction” in incidence of all crimes against “women” in the state.
23. The percentage of action was 94.1, last year against those accused of crime against “women” and 91.9 of cases disposed of, which is a “record” in itself. Consequently, the rate of crime against women in Uttar Pradesh is much less than even the national average.
24. The effort to secure “justice” in every matter and at every level to every segment of the society and the sarv-samaj, the poor people, farmers, labourers, businessmen, lawyers, service-class and non-service-class people as also students in accordance with the policy of “Sarvajan Hitay Sarvajan Sukhay”.
25. Together with the arrest of more than two dozen hard core naxalites, a strategy of “tatal development (samagra vikas)” in identified areas adopted in order to deal with the “naxal” problem so that a feeling of trust towards the administration in kindled in the public psyche in the affected areas and they do not go astray. Efforts to provide the various basic amenities under Dr. Ambedkar gram sabha yojns to the 423 naxal affected villages.
26. Many important and historic decisions taken to establish “rule of the law by law” in the state in order to “modernize and strengthen to make the police administration alert and vigilant”.
27. More than double the increase in police budget with about Rs. 7,740 crore sanctioned. For the first time in Uttar Pradesh a service manual for different sections of the police force promulgated.
28. Formation of “Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment Board” for transparency in view of complaints of corruption in
29. In a “historic” decision about 2.04 lakh new posts for policemen created, in one stroke. Already 35,000 constables selected in a transparent procedure – a step which has been praised at the national also.
30. Constitution of two new zones Viz. “Poorvanchal and western Uttar Pradesh” to further strengthen the “Special Task Force (STF)”.
31. “National Capital Police Zone” formed for effective control over law and order and crime control in western Uttar Pradesh.
32. Establishment of “women police stations (mahila Thana)” in all districts together with “mahila helpline”, “family planning Centre” and “mahila sahayta prakoshtha” at the state level.
33. “Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS)” set up in November, 2007 itself.
34. “SIT” constituted to investigate serious economic offences.
35. For proper security and up keep of the newly constructed sites/memorials etc
formation of “Uttar Pradesh Police Special Zone Security Battalian” under which 1,233 new posts created.
36. “state level committee constituted” inder the chairmanship of Director General, police to prevent circulation of
“counterfeit / fake currency notes”.
37. Sevearl proposals for necessary cooperation pending with the centre about inclusion of naxal-affected districts
into “focus” districts under the “integrated development plan” for development of the local surroundings and modernization of the police.
Apart from these, many more important steps were taken, a detailed account of which is given in a booklet published by the government, highlighting its achievements during the last four years.
In brief, to get the correct feel of ground realities, the Hon’ble Chief minisre Ms. Mayawati Ji herself made surprise inspections of “Law-order and crime control:, for one full month i.e. from 1 February – 2 March, 2011, visiting police stations in all the 72 districts in the state,taking strong action against authorities found wanting in performance and issuing guidelines for improvement.